22nd European Conference on Literacy
44th Annual Conference, Literacy Association of Ireland
One Hundred Thousand Welcomes – Céad Míle Fáilte
New deadline January 31st, 2021
We are pleased to announce that the 22nd European Conference on Literacy which is jointly organised by the Federation of European Literacy Associations and The Literacy Association of Ireland, will take place in Dublin, Ireland from July 5th to July 7th, 2021, alongside the 44th Annual Conference of the Literacy Association of Ireland.
The conference theme, “Literacy and Diversity: New Directions” will bring together researchers and educators from all over Europe and further afield to celebrate, discuss, debate and examine matters relating to literacy, literacy teaching and literacy research, across the full span of human learning.
The aim of the conference is to encourage discourse about the evolution of diverse literacies in the 21st century and to hear the range of voices in the world of literacy.
The following subthemes will be explored: –
- Subtheme 1: Literacy in the Early Years
- Subtheme 2: Effective Literacy Instruction
- Subtheme 3: Digital Literacies
- Subtheme 4: Literacy Environments
- Subtheme 5: Inclusive Practices in Literacy for Diverse Learners
- Subtheme 6: Lifelong Development of Literacy Skills
The conference venue is the Institute of Education, Dublin City University (St Patrick’s Campus, Drumcondra), where a warm welcome will be extended to presenters, delegates and attendees. The Institute of Education is readily accessible from the airport and from the city centre by public transport and for the more energetic of you, on foot! Some college accommodation will be available but early registration is advised.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Ireland, to Dublin and to Dublin City University for what promises to be a lively, relevant and most interesting conference.
Important dates and deadlines:
- Click on the link here for information on submitting proposals.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is November 1st, 2020
- Acceptance letters will be sent out on February 28th, 2021
- Early Bird registration will open on February 1st and will close on April 1st, 2021.
All queries to euroliteracy2021/at/gmail.com